My Pain Song. (You will not win)


Pain.  Needles.  Window Breaking.  Glass Shards cutting. 

Knives stabbing.  Fires burning.  This is how I feel.

Despair.  Loneliness.  Isolation…

Hope.  The silver lining.  The cup is half full.  This is not all there is to life.

Freedom.  To live my life as I choose.  This disease will not dictate it.

Relief.  That there are friends who care.  Friends who know.  Friends who grieve.

Victory.  I have defeated you.  You have not won.  I will not let you. 

Joy.  Deep, unadulterated happiness.  The smile on a child’s face.  The embrace of my love.

Redemption.  I have a purpose.  I have a fight. 

I am not alone.  You are not alone. 

We are not alone.

Comments

  1. Beautiful, Dorothy. I love that you're doing this. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Ezraela Eaven Inman (12.31.2013), Momma Loves You.

When You Go Down a Hill, You Have to Go Up Again

The Girl (With a Chronic Medical Condition) Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Traithlete.