Not Soggy Bottom Boys Quiche


I have a confession to make:  I love breakfast foods.  One of my favorite indulgences growing up when I would go on trips with my church was sausage biscuits from McDonalds.  Unfortunately I can't have sausage anymore, but my love for breakfast foods has not wavered. 

Something I have eaten on a handful of times is a quiche.  I always loved it, but had never attempted to make it myself until recently.  I made one for a clothing exchange party that I threw back in the fall.  I felt that it fell short of my previous quiche experiences.  It was soggy.  Not just a little soggy, but that terrible wet, squishy texture that will haunt your dreams for nights after you had it...Okay, maybe not quite that bad, but it does seem to haunt your kitchen.  There is nothing I hate more is soggy eggs.  And I'm sure my friends were just being nice when they said it was good. 

I decided to take the non soggy quiche challenge about two weeks ago for a play date.  One website I love to look for recipes at is cooks.com.  You can find several different recipes for what you are trying to make.  They are quick and easy and you don't have to scroll through pages of pictures befire you get to the actual recipe.  This is were I found my quiche recipe, however I made several alterations.  I reduced the amount of milk by half and upped the amount of Bisquick.  This was definitely not a soggy bottom boys quiche.  It was more bread like and simply delicious. 

And a bonus.  Both both of these kids loved it.



Ingredients

10 eggs
2 cups of shredded mild cheddar cheese
2 cups of milk
2 cups of Bisquick  (I have not tried these recipes yet but here are two homemade Bisquick mix recipes:  Money Saving Mom's Homemade Bisquick Mix and The New Missouri Mix)
1 red bell pepper (sliced and cubed)
1 large zucchini (peeled and cubed)
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
2 teaspoons of onion powder
2 teaspoons of sweet paprika
1 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of thyme
1/4 to 1/2 cup of fresh parsley

Note: You do not have to use bell peppers or zucchini, you can use any leftover veggies that are in your fridge that need to be used.  You can also add any type of meat you want. 

Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2.  Put eggs, 1 cup of milk, red bell pepper and all spices into the blender.  Use the highest setting and mix.  Once mixed and pepper is blended put into a large mixing bowl.

Note:  If your blender is big enough you can add all ingredients at once.  Mine is not, so I had to do two separate batches.

3.  Add 1 cup of milk and zucchini into the blender.  Use the highest setting and mix.  Add contents to mixing bowl. 

4.  Add cheese to mixture.  Use a whisk and mix all ingredients together.

5.  Spray a 9 by 13 inch Pyrex dish with cooking spray and pour contents from bowl into dish.

6.  Bake in oven for 40 to 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Ezraela Eaven Inman (12.31.2013), Momma Loves You.

When You Go Down a Hill, You Have to Go Up Again

The Girl (With a Chronic Medical Condition) Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Traithlete.